Our mission at Backstage Library Works is to provide high-quality, cost-effective professional services that preserve, organize, describe, and connect you to the world’s knowledge.
POSITION TITLE: Metadata Services Support
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Project Manager
WAGE: $15.25 per hour
LOCATION: Provo, UT
POSITION TYPE: Part-time
Backstage is seeking a support technician to facilitate production in our Metadata cataloging department. The Metadata Services Support position will be responsible for scanning and compiling scans of library materials, a process we refer to as ‘creating surrogate scans‘, and distributing these resources to our remote contract catalogers. When all scanning/contractor support responsibilities are completed each day, the support position will assist with packing, shipping, and physical processing tasks as needed.
This position is entry-level with full training as to the procedure of photographing/scanning surrogates and best practices for file naming.
Schedule, Compensation, & Benefits
This part-time position requires 20-30 hours per week. The schedule is flexible with core daytime hours, to be discussed with supervisor. Shifts include one 30-minute unpaid lunch break and one 15-minute paid break.
- Safely handle library materials following prescribed materials handling guidelines which sometimes weigh as much as 45 lbs.
- Accurately scan and label PDF files that show clear, readable text and are arranged intuitively for the end-user.
- Process materials efficiently with little oversight.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Reliable ability to follow detailed instructions which may vary from project to project.
- Ability to learn new software and industry-specific library procedures.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform tasks efficiently, responsibly, and with punctuality.
- Work harmoniously with Project Managers and Shipping Manager
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 45 lb boxes repeatedly throughout the day.
A comprehensive background check and drug screening will be conducted as part of the hiring process.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to Laura Folaumahina, VP of Metadata Services at moc.wlsb@arual.