Backstage Library Works provides professional services
to libraries, museums, and archives around the world.
April 18, 2017
Backstage Library Works is seeking a president to lead the company in our mission to provide high quality, cost effective, professional services to help librarians serve their constituencies. Backstage provides metadata/cataloging, authority control, digitization, microfilming, and on-site services to libraries and related organizations all over the world.
The successful candidate must have passion for and a vision of the challenges facing librarians now and in the future. He or she must have a history of effective interaction with librarians and a history of concern for and effective leadership of employees.
- Serve library, archive, and other communities by leading the development and growth of our services.
- Build and manage the organization to deliver high quality, cost effective professional services.
- Expert on library services and every aspect of their delivery to clients. Continually expand our capabilities.
- Supervise Sales, Product Managers, and finance to develop, price, and deliver a full range of services to libraries, archives, cultural institutions, and other relevant collections.
- Manage the company so as to generate reasonable growth and profits.
- Deep and broad experience in the library industry.
- Excellent understanding of each Backstage service.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and serve disparate personality types.
- History of effective management of an organization, including financial management.
- MLS / MLIS preferred.
- Travel is required at least monthly to visit clients, engage in marketing activity, oversee operations in Pennsylvania, and so on.
- Salary up to $100,000, plus performance bonus.
- The president reports to the owner.
- Position is based in Provo, Utah.
- Send a cover letter and resume to:
Backstage Library Works
25 East 1700 South
Provo, Utah 84606