April 3, 2017
Backstage Library Works
Full-time Receving Technician
Backstage Library Works provides high quality, cost effective professional services to help librarians serve their constituencies.
Backstage Library Works, a leader in providing imaging services of the highest quality, is looking for qualified individuals for a full-time Receiving Technician.
Positions are full-time, fully benefited hourly positions. Applicant must be available to train on 1st shift.
- Manages the receipt of all physical items, including valuable and fragile printed client material, microfilm, and digital media.
- Properly categorizing, performing inventory, and entering itemized information into the receiving database per internal and client specifications.
- Reconciles all material received and provides client communication on materials received.
- Manages all client and commercial material received and located in material warehouse.
- Receives all commercial material received by Backstage including unpacking, inspection, inventory, and assembly.
- Palletizing and shelfing of all material received.
- Accept all incoming deliveries from UPS, FedEx, and other commercial carriers.
- Conducts periodic physical inventories of material storage
- Maintains accurate and complete inventory records.
- Assists in pick-ups and deliveries to prestigious institutions from Boston to Virginia via use of the company van.
- Assisting is packing and shipping all client material, film, and digital media for return shipments
- Update electronic departmental microfilm and digital status
- Assists as a back-up in shipping as needed.
- Maintain paper and electronic logs.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in warehouse facility.
- Assists in managing recycling of client material
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Ability to learn and use all shipping software and databases - UPS, Fed-Ex, department status's, etc.
- Ability to lift boxes of client material weighing up to 50 - 70 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and bend repeatedly
- Must be able to climb and descend an industrial ladder with client material
- Shows attention to detail and maintain accurate receiving records
- Ability to meet individual client receiving requirements
- Able to work with rare and fragile materials in a production environment.
- Able to work in a team environment and have good communication skills
- Ability to have minimum computer skills in Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Work productively and independently while meeting daily production levels
- Problem-solving and ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little supervision.
- Must have valid driver's license and transportation and have a safe driving record.
- Current employees must be in good standing - meeting or exceeding standards in current position - with at least six-months of continuous employment.
- Shipping, receiving, or six-months' production or preservation/reformatting experience.
This position in non-exempt, fully benefited position including eight paid holidays per year; twelve PTO days per year; major medical/dental/vision; tuition reimbursement; 401k retirement with Employer Match - $12.50 per hour
If interested please send resume to email@example.com.