Opening: Full time employment position for a Digitization Technician on-site at Rosalind Kress Haley Library, St. Louis, MO
St. Louis, Missouri
The position is temporary estimated to last 12 months.
Full-time position: 40 hours per week.
Operating hours 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (hours will be based on access to the library)
Expected dates: May 1, 2017 through April 20, 2018, subject to change base on project needs
The Digitization department is seeking a temporary technician to work at the Rosalind Kress Haley Library for a temporary project. The digital tech will be responsible for the on-site day-to-day digitization production. This will involve receiving batches of materials from Library personnel, logging these batches and scanning on a high-end digital planetary camera system. This person will perform daily routines to do image review, copy & backup data, communicate production statistics to the Bethlehem, PA office, and complete priorities as communicated. This position will report directly to the Project Coordinator at the Bethlehem, PA facility. Selected applicant must be able to travel to Bethlehem, PA for two week of mandatory, paid training.
- Ability to work independent with some past supervisory experience a plus
- Experience in photography, digital imaging or graphic arts
- Need to handle fragile materials without causing damage
- Work in a fast pace production environment while meeting daily production levels
- Maintaining consistent high quality levels
- Perform inspection of digital images
- Perform minor modifications to images such as cropping, rotating, and padding
- Must be able to type accurately in order to capture metadata and record information in spreadsheet or appropriate database
- Must be able to use Windows, Mac OS, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Navigate a digital server environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Represent BSLW in a professional manner
- Proven dependability
- Ability to train another technician on site
- Problem-solving and ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little to no supervision
- Will need to perform equipment maintenance with remote assistance from the Bethlehem Technical Services group
- Willingness to work flexible/overtime hours as required and ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- College degree or certificate
Desirable but not required
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or other imaging software
- Experience with scanning
Pay range: $13.50 per hour
This is temporary position for 12 months, non-exempt, fully benefited position including nine paid holidays per year.
If interested please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by cob 04/14/2017