Backstage Library Works provides professional and technical services
to libraries, museums, and archives around the world.
February 1, 2017
Library Sales Representative, Mid-Atlantic US, UK/Europe
Washington DC Area - Location Negotiable
- Backstage is hiring a library sales representative for the Mid-Atlantic US, including Washington DC.
- Rep will also have responsibility for accounts in the UK and across Europe.
- This is a full-time, benefited, exempt position.
- This position will remain open until filled.
Representative will live in and cover a designated territory comprising the southern Mid-Atlantic region of the United States (District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky) as well as the United Kingdom and Europe. Location in the DC area is desirable, but not required.
Please note that you must live in or near the designated territory.
Sales Representatives at Backstage are part of a dynamic sales and marketing team representing and selling Preservation Digitization and Microfilm, Cataloging, Retrospective Conversion, Reclassification, Authority Control, Data Conversion, and On-Site Services to libraries, archives, and museums. We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Sales Representative.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Consult with libraries/museums in protected geographic territory.
- Develop strong personal/business relationships with potential/existing clients at all levels of the organization.
- Follow prescribed sales procedures and close business contracts.
- Meet annual sales quota.
Additional responsibilities include:
- 20% out of town travel to visit potential clients and to exhibit at library conferences.
- Follow up on conference and other leads.
- Together with product managers, analyze library needs and develop high quality, cost effective solutions.
- Coordinate efforts of Backstage departments to provide the best solution for each individual client.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of sales activity.
- Collaborate with other members of sales and marketing team and contribute to overall success of company.
Good time management and organizational skills are essential. Must have excellent oral/written communication ability, strong interpersonal skills, project a professional image, have a strong drive to succeed, along with a willingness/ability to travel.
Minimum 4 year college degree (Business, Communications, Library Science or related); prefer MLS and experience in the library industry as a professional librarian.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary for Sales Representatives is based on experience, with a range of $49,000 to $62,000 annually, plus commissions. Benefits include health, dental, vision, profit sharing and retirement program.
Send a cover letter and resume to:
Jeff Calcagno, Sales Manager
Backstage Library Works
25 East 1700 South
Provo, Utah 84606