This is a permanent full-time mid shift Position (Noon - 8:30pm), 8.5 hour days, minus 30-minute unpaid lunch, 40 hours per week.
The Shipping & Receiving/Micrographic Technician will assist with our growing shipping/receiving needs as it relates to the select projects. This person will split their time between the darkroom and shipping/receiving department. The job will be a fast paced production position. This position will initially report to the Product Manager but will eventually report to the Assistant Project Manager over the select projects.
- Assists in handling the receiving and incoming processing of newspapers from Publishers and client institutions.
- Assist in packaging and shipping of outgoing packages on a daily schedule to subscribing institutions.
- Assists APM in creation of project related targets and film box labels when necessary.
- Makes sure each project and shipment is handled correctly.
- Working quickly is a necessity, as well as being able to problem solve on a daily basis.
- Must be flexible and able to quickly change priorities as required to meet client needs. Hours needed each day may vary based on the receiving and shipping volume (for example, if we have a large amount of receiving/shipping to do on Monday, the employee may be needed for 6 hours on Monday, while if we don't have much shipping to do, the employee might only be needed for 2).
- Maintain accurate receiving and shipping records and recording these activities in appropriate databases (i.e. update electronic status and maintain paper logs, UPS and USPS databases)
- Responsible for the recycling of all client-approved material shipments including distributing all shipment approvals, logging information, ensuring that material is properly disposed of, and reviewing all material prior to recycling.
- Assists in the print master storage vault including but not limited to entering reels into the vault, splicing filmed reels onto existing camera master tins, data entry in the PMS databases, taking inventory, creating reports, etc. as it relates to the select projects.
- Administer specific training as related to select microfilm projects in reference to RLG and ANSI microfilm standards.
- Assist with post-production work for on time deliveries.
- Works with the Provo team in the shipping, receiving, and production of backlog duplication reels that are stored in Provo, Utah.
- Takes initiative, work efficiently and independently, and prioritizes.
- Ability to work with other departments as needed.
- Occasional van trip to client institutions (as needed).
- Serves as a backup to Receiving and Shipping Technicians.
- Able to work with UPS and USPS databases, create and send out call tags, etc.
- Shipping, receiving, and one year production or preservation/reformatting experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and climb ladders
- Strong ability to follow very detailed instructions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; have excellent problem-solving skills
- Needs to be efficient, responsible, and punctual
- Must be able to work harmoniously with department staff members including Receiving and Shipping staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients
- Ability to learn and use all shipping software and databases (UPS, USPS, Fed-Ex, department statuses, etc.)
- Ability to meet individual client shipping requirements on a daily basis
- Maintain accurate shipping records
- Work productively and independently while meeting daily production levels
- Problem-solving and ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little supervision.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, fully benefited position including eight paid holidays per year; twelve PTO days per; major medical/dental/vision; tuition reimbursement; 401k retirement with employer match.
Pay range: $12.50 - $16.00/hr.
The position will be filled as quickly as possible. If interested, please email resume to Joe Konrath at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. Thursday, December 20, 2018.